Call for an Evaluation Team for a Organic Cotton Initiative in India
C&A Foundation seeks an Evaluation Team for undertaking an external evaluation of the initiative ‘Promotion and Expansion of Organic cotton in the Marginalized and Predominantly Tribal Region of Madhya Pradesh, India’ implemented by Action for Social Advancement and funded by C&A Foundation.
Applicants may be an individual consultant, a group of individual consultants with a designated team lead, or consulting companies with relevant evaluation expertise. Applicants must have at a minimum the following qualifications:
• Substantial experience in conducting programmatic/ strategic evaluations to a high standard in the region with experience in India
• Demonstrated experience in conducting evaluations on agriculture (cotton farming is preferred);
• Additional experience is expected in:
· Methods for evaluating technical capacity building in agriculture and value chain analysis
· Theory-based evaluation designs;
· Qualitative and quantitative methods;
• Strong facilitation skills and proven ability to lead participatory processes;
• Knowledge of organic cotton farming and India’s agriculture policy;
• Understanding of the current thinking and attitudes around organic cotton today;
• Willingness to travel to rural communities where the project operates;
• No conflict of interest with C&A foundation or the C&A company and Action for Social Advancement
• At least one member of the evaluation team must speak Hindi
Read the Term of Reference for more information.