Call for Expression of Interest for Building an Organic Cotton Programme in Tanzania
C&A Foundation is issuing a Request for Expression of Interest (REoI) to identify organizations that could develop a programme for scaling organic cotton production in Tanzania.
We seek a partner who can build a holistic and market based model to upscale organic cotton production in Tanzania. The ideal partner would be an organization with experience in sustainable agriculture (preferably cotton) and a strong local team. The organization should have the ability to strategize and implement a holistic approach which includes a dialogue with the government / local institutions, planning for scale by attracting co-funders and thinking through an exit strategy whilst embedding the program locally and linking to markets.
The key components of this programme should include:
- Mobilization plan to engage and train farmers on organic cotton cultivation practices and farmer certification
- Plan for engagement with women farmers and identifying opportunities for promoting leadership opportunities for women farmers in the programme
- Identification of and a plan for engagementwith supply chain partners and other stakeholders who can support access to markets for farmers
- Identification of co-funders for the programme -public donors, private philanthropic foundations, private sector stakeholders in the cotton value chain
- Engaging with the government / local institutionsfor a favourable policyto supportextension and help create the enablers
For full details, and submission format please refer to our REoI.
Please note the key dates for the EoI Submission Process:
10th August 2016 - Deadline for applicants to submit clarifying questions to C&A Foundation. Please send questions via email to email@example.com
12th August 2016 - Answers to clarifying questions issued to all applicants
19th August 2016 - Deadline for EoI (5 pages maximum, not including budget
- Expression of Interest should be sent to and clearly marked
“Organic Cotton Programme in Tanzania: EoI" in the subject line of the email
24th August 2016 - Shortlisted candidates notified
We look forward to receiving submission of concept notes no later than 19 August 2016. Please mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.